2018 Ted Booker Award
Congratulations to Dr. Sarah McMahan!
2018 Quest for Quality Partnership Award
Congratulations to Texas Women's University!
2018 Ben Coody Service Award
Congratulations to Karen Dunlap!
2018 Summer Conference
Mark your calendars now.
Date: June 12, 2018
Location: St. Edward's University, Austin TX
2018 ATE Outstanding Unit Award Winner
We were honored to receive the highest honor granted to a state unit at the ATE Conference held in Las Vegas in February 2018. TxATE, the Texas unit has won this award five times, more than any other state unit.
ATE provides this description on its website: Each year one Outstanding Unit normally will be selected and honored. This award will be based upon overall excellence and performance of the unit in the Unit Development Awards competition. Units must submit applications in all three of the Unit Development Award categories to be considered for the Outstanding Unit Award. This Award can be won once in a five-year period. This award consists of a large plaque and a check for $500. These categories are: (1) Programs / Services, (2) Membership / Management, (3) Articulation with the National Office.
Mission of the Texas Association of Teacher Educators
Texas Association of Teacher Educators (TxATE) serves as a major voice in the promotion of teacher education goals and ideals in Texas. It is the only Texas organization for individual teacher educators that is affiliated with a national association, The Association of Teacher Educators.
Membership includes college faculty and administrators, school and regional service staff developers, school-based teacher educators, classroom teachers, and school administrators. Membership is open to those professionals who are concerned with improving the education of teachers.
TxATE provides a forum for issues in teacher education and has worked for improved teacher centers, pre-service preparation, teacher certification, as well as state and national education programs.
In an effort to mobilize our voice as an organization, TxATE created four advocacy groups focused on imperative issues within Teacher Education in Texas. The member facilitated groups include:
- Policy, Facilitator: Marlene Zipperlen, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor;
- Data, Facilitator: Jim Van Overschelde, Texas State University;
- Dispositions, Facilitator: Patrice Werner, Texas State University;
- Enrollment & Recruitment, Facilitators: Gina Anderson and Becky Fredrickson, Texas Woman's University.
We hope that the work of these groups will strengthen our voice as Teacher Educators within the state, making a difference in the field of education. Please contact our Member at Large, Kimberly Dickerson, email@example.com, if you are interested in participating in one of these groups.
- To actively promote high standards for the professional preparation of teachers,
- To actively assume a public relations function in keeping members of the teaching profession, and lay citizens in general, informed as to the most desirable current standards in teacher education,
- To strive to maintain a high professional development of teachers and other staff personnel in the field of education.
TxATE is a State Unit in ATE and SRATE and a participating member in CSOTTE.